Monday, November 26, 2018

Yarnosaur



The final project I will be sharing is a crocheted dinosaur that I have named "Yarnosaur." I had a lot of fun making this project. I made it for my boyfriend for Christmas last year, and he loves it a lot. I found the pattern for it on Pinterest, like the rest of my crocheted creations.

The first thing I had to do was go to the store and buy some yarn! I already had the light green yarn at my house, but I did not have any dark green yarn. After my trip to the yarn store, I had to dig out my basket of crochet needles and locate the one that was the correct size for the project. The pattern should always tell you what size hook you should be using for any particular project.

After all of that, it was finally time to start crocheting! The first thing I crocheted was the body, which was the most time-consuming body part to crochet. Next, I crocheted the head. Then, I made the arms, the legs, the spikes, and the belly patch. There are three different kinds of spikes on its back; small, medium, and large. There are three small spikes, four medium spikes, and three large spikes.

After all of the parts were made, I had to sew them all together. I first sewed the head to the body. The hardest thing to sew was the legs. This is because I had to make sure they were even so that the dinosaur could stand up without being uneven and falling over.

My favorite part of the whole thing is his cute little arms. If you try to clap his hands, they just barely touch each other, and I just think it is really cute. The picture at the beginning of this post is my final product: Yarnosaur!

I hope that you enjoyed all of my blog posts. Thank you for reading them all! I hope you craft as much as your heart desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment