Monday, November 26, 2018

Lego Blanket


The next project I will be sharing with you is my crocheted lego blanket. I learned to crochet when I was in middle school by my grandma. She taught me the basics, and then I would look up videos on Youtube whenever I was stuck on a pattern. Now, I love using Pinterest to find all sorts of amazing patterns to make for my friends and family!

I made the lego blanket two years ago for my boyfriend’s birthday. It was 1 week before his birthday, and I had zero ideas. I was doing my usual scrolling on Pinterest when I stumbled upon the pattern for a lego blanket! It was perfect for someone who loved legos! With only a week until his birthday and other responsibilities, how in the world did I crochet a whole blanket? Well, it was my lucky and unlucky time because I was having surgery, but I also had 3 days off from school! AKA 3 full days to work on the blanket with no interruptions except eating, sleeping, and going to the bathroom.

To make the blanket, I had to first make all of the squares and rectangles without the dots individually. This part probably took me about two days to complete. I had to make 4 rectangles with 6 dots, 8 squares with 4 dots, 16 rectangles with 2 dots, and 20 squares with 1 dot. The pattern that I found online was meant for a kid-sized blanket, so I added an extra row to make my blanket large enough for an adult.

After I finished the individual squares and rectangles, I laid them out on my floor and arranged the colors in a way that looked appealing to the eye. Then, using the red yarn, I sewed them all together. After the blanket was sewn together, it was time to make all of the dots. This part was also very time-consuming. The dots were relatively small, but there were A LOT of them. This part was definitely my least favorite. Making them was very repetitive, and I got bored very quickly. When the dots were finished, I had to sew them all to the blanket. It was difficult at first to get them to be spaced evenly, but I got the hang of it!

Finally, my lego blanket was done! The picture of the final product is at the beginning of this post. This pattern is easy to find on Pinterest by searching “lego blanket pattern.”

No comments:

Post a Comment