Monday, November 26, 2018

Chevron Blanket


The next project I will be sharing is the chevron blanket I made for my mother for Christmas last year. It was originally a gift for one of my friends, but then we lost touch with each other, so I decided to give it to my mom for Christmas instead! I also found this crochet pattern on Pinterest. I made this blanket over the course of 3 months, working on it every once and awhile. The colors I used were gray, pink, and white. Those were the original colors I chose for my friend, but it still worked out that my mom likes those colors too.

The pattern for this blanket repeated around every 20 stitches or so, so I got very bored very quickly. This is probably part of the reason why it took so long for me to finish this project. As you can see from the picture, the stripes of the blanket alternate between two different thicknesses. The skinnier stripe is 4 rows long, and the thicker stripe is 6 rows long. The pattern alternates between color as well as thickness. I like how it is a chevron pattern and not just plain stripes. I think it gives the blanket a more modern look.

My mom was really excited to receive this blanket as a gift. It is actually very warm despite being relatively thin. It sits on our couch at home, and she uses it all the time while watching TV. I feel bad that I never gave the blanket to my friend, but I think it is better this way. My mom is happy she has a warm blanket made for her by her daughter, and I’m happy that I get to use it too!

This pattern is also fairly easy to locate on Pinterest by searching “crochet chevron blanket pattern.” It might require some scrolling, but I hope you can find it! Feel free to comment on my page if you have any trouble or with any other questions or comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment