Monday, November 26, 2018

Mouth Painting

This next project is one of my favorites. It is a painting of an open mouth. I made this painting 3 years ago in a painting class I took in high school. As always, the first step was to choose an image. It had to be an image that we could blend, so it had a little more added difficulty for beginners like me. I don’t know what made me decide to pick an open mouth as my image, but that’s just kind of how it worked out.

After choosing an image, the next step was to draw it onto a piece of paper. This took me a couple days. I am always too much of a perfectionist when it comes to all of my projects. The tongue and the teeth were the most difficult parts for me to draw. I even restarted the entire drawing a couple of times.

Once my drawing was to my liking, it was time to start painting! The first thing I painted was the lips. I started by painting the lightest color, and then I layered darker colors on top of it. Looking at it now, I think my darkest color was a little bit too dark, but it didn’t bother me three years ago! The next thing I painted was the gums. The gums are my favorite part of the entire painting. I don’t really even remember how I got them to look like that. I just remember layering the different shades of pink and white. After the gums, I painted the teeth with different shades of gray and white. My second favorite part of the painting is the roof of the mouth. I think I did some good blending. My least favorite part is the tongue. I just don’t really think it looks like a tongue at all. Overall though, I do enjoy this painting a lot. I even hung it on my bedroom wall for a short period of time!

I painted the background yellow because yellow is my favorite color. My art teacher told me that my painting looks like an emoji opening its mouth! I honestly had a lot of fun painting this in my art class. It was my first painting class, and I don’t think I did bad for someone who had never painted before! This project was my favorite out of the whole class.

















No comments:

Post a Comment